The ETIAS was developed by the European Union back in 2016 as a way to improve the security of the Schengen Zone borders and to protect both citizens and travelers from terrorism and potential threats.
The process to apply for an ETIAS is quick and simple: all travelers need to do is gather the necessary documents, fill out the online application form, and wait for an email with the approved ETIAS authorization.
Are Honduran Citizens eligible to apply for ETIAS visa waiver?
Yes. Travelers from Honduras are eligible to apply for the ETIAS visa waiver and use it on their travels through Europe.
The ETIAS for Honduran Citizens has a validity of 3 years from the date of issue, or until the traveler’s Honduras passport expires – whichever comes first. The ETIAS is valid for a maximum of 90 days within a 180 day period. This allows Honduran travelers to stay in the countries of the Schengen Zone for a maximum of three months at a time (within a span of six months).
Likewise, the ETIAS authorization is valid for travel to all 26 countries that are currently in the Schengen Zone. Travelers will be able to enjoy the same unrestricted movement between European Union countries as before thanks to a borderless agreement.
What documents do Honduran need to obtain ETIAS?
There are only a handful of ETIAS Requirements for Honduran Citizens. They include the following:
- A valid Honduras-issued passport. The traveler’s passport needs to have a validity of at least 3 months from the intended date of arrival in Europe.
- The traveler’s personal details: Travelers will need to fill out the application form with a few details about themselves, their passport, and their travel plans. This include the following:
- Full Name
- Contact details (address, phone number, and email address)
- Passport number, date of issue, and date of expiry
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Itinerary while in Europe
- A valid payment method. To complete and submit the application, travelers will need to pay the ETIAS fee. This can be done with a valid debit or credit card.
- A device with internet access. In order to fill out the application, travelers will need to use a device that has internet access, such as a smartphone, tablet, computer, or notebook.
- A valid email address. Finally, all travelers are required to enter a valid email address on their application. This is to ensure that all emails and notifications regarding the ETIAS visa waiver will be properly delivered to the applicant.
The ETIAS Application process for Honduran Citizens
The process to obtain an ETIAS for Honduran Citizens is very easy, quick, and straightforward. Best of all, travelers do not need to visit their local embassy, gather piles of paperwork, or have an in-person interview with an immigration office. Everything is done from the comfort of the traveler’s own home.
The first step towards obtaining an ETIAS is to start the online ETIAS Application for Honduran Citizens. The application takes about 15 minutes to complete and asks a few easy questions regarding the personal information of the applicant.
Travelers will be asked to fill out the form with their personal details (first name, last name, nationality), passport information (passport number, date of issue, date of expiry), and contact information. There will also be a few questions regarding their health history, previous trips, and their criminal record.
After travelers have finished filling out the application form, they will need to pay the application fee with a valid debit or credit card. Please note that although every traveler needs to have an ETIAS to enter the Schengen Zone.
Travelers are advised to print a copy of the email that contains their approved ETIAS authorization so that they can show it to the immigration officers when entering the first Schengen Zone country.
How Long Does it Take to Get ETIAS from Honduras?
The average processing time of an ETIAS for Honduran Citizens is instantaneous. This means that travelers who apply for their ETIAS are usually approved within minutes of submitting their application.
However, in rare cases it may take up to three business days to be approved for an ETIAS due to high demand or other factors. Due to this reason, we recommend that all travelers apply for their ETIAS with plenty of time before their trip in case of delays.