ETIAS was developed by the European Union back in 2016 as a way to improve the security of the Schengen Zone borders and to protect both citizens and travellers from terrorism and potential threats.
Similar to Canada’s eTA or US ESTA, the ETIAS permit is not a visa. It is a visa waiver or a travel authorisation.
The process to apply for an ETIAS is quick and simple. Travellers need to gather the necessary documents, fill out the online application form, and wait for an email with the approved ETIAS authorisation.
Are Honduran citizens eligible to apply for ETIAS visa waiver?
Yes. nationals of Honduras are eligible to apply for the ETIAS visa waiver and use it on their travels through Europe.
The ETIAS for Honduran Citizens has a validity of 3 years from the date of issue, or until the traveller’s Honduras passport expires – whichever comes first.
Their ETIAS is good for a maximum of 90 days within a 180 day period. This allows Hondurans to stay in the countries of the Schengen Zone for a maximum of 3 months at a time (within a span of 6 months).
Likewise, the ETIAS authorisation is valid for travel to all 26 countries that are currently in the Schengen Zone.
Visitors can enjoy the same unrestricted movement between EU countries as before ETIAS thanks to a borderless agreement.
What documents do Honduran citizens need to obtain ETIAS?
There are only a handful of ETIAS requirements for Honduran citizens. They include:
- A valid Honduras-issued passport. The traveller’s passport needs to have a validity of at least 3 months from the intended date of arrival in Europe.
- The tourist’s personal details. Travellers will need to fill out the application form with a few details about themselves, including:
- Full Name
- Contact details (address, phone number, and email address)
- Passport number, date of issue, and date of expiry
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Itinerary while in Europe
- A valid payment method. To complete and submit the application, applicants will need to pay the ETIAS fee. This can be done with a valid debit or credit card.
- A device with internet access. In order to fill out the application, it is necessary to use a device with internet access, such as a smartphone, tablet, computer, or notebook.
- A valid email address. It is also required to enter a valid email address during the application process. This is to ensure that all emails and notifications regarding the ETIAS visa waiver are properly delivered to the applicant.
The ETIAS application process for Honduran citizens
The process to obtain an ETIAS for Honduran citizens is very easy, quick, and straightforward. Best of all, Honduran visitors do not need to visit their local embassy, gather piles of paperwork, or have an in-person interview with an immigration office. Everything can be done from home.
The first step towards obtaining an ETIAS travel permit is to start the online ETIAS Application for Honduran nationals. The application takes about 15 minutes to complete and asks a few easy questions regarding the personal information of the applicant.
Applicants will be asked to fill out the form with their personal details (first name, last name, nationality), passport information (passport number, date of issue, date of expiry), and contact information.
After travellers have finished filling out the application form, they will need to pay the application fee with a valid debit or credit card. Please note that every Honduran visitor needs to have an ETIAS to enter the Schengen Zone after 2022.
Holidaymakers are advised to print a copy of the email that contains their approved ETIAS authorisation just in case they have to show it to the immigration officers when entering the first Schengen Zone country.
How long does it take to get an ETIAS authorisation from Honduras?
The average processing time of an ETIAS for Honduran Citizens is instantaneous. This means that travellers who apply for their ETIAS are usually approved within minutes of submitting their application.
However, in rare cases, it may take up to 3 business days to be approved for an ETIAS due to high demand or other factors. Due to this reason, we recommend that all tourists apply for their ETIAS visa waiver with plenty of time before their trip in case of delays.